[DRAFT] SIP 0009 - Evolution Sale

I would invite to keep this topic alive: Evolution sale is a last chance for existing and potential investors that arrived after the protocol investors (genesys) to join the project. I think the initial proposal was accounting already for most of the concerns raised by the community, that can be summarized with “let’s not sell too cheap, so our existing investment gains more value” and “don’t sell too high, otherwise the market will be scared checking the current price vs circulating supply once we get a listing”. I think those 2 arguments void each other.
If we have one main argument left is Pomp’s syndicate proposal, that represents a large buy at a price of 12k sats with a 16 months vesting period with cliff. Obviously the evolution sale should:

• have a higher price since it doesn’t feature such constraints
  • have an individual buy limit (0.1 btc like origin), although this could be circumvented the rush at the time of the investment should already limit the possibility for an individual to perform multiple buys.

I would be really sorry if we missed out on this last chance to offer the coin to people who found Sovryn before the market is open, and it would be a missed opportunity to extend the community beyond the current audience. We might not need it anymore for liquidity purposes if Pomp’s proposal passes, but the network effect is equally important, hence my vote would be positive for this SIP to pass if resurrected, probably with a 15k sats price (only option possible at this point) and a 0.1 btc limit.

4 Likes

At this point, I would like to pull this SIP. I do not feel that we arrived at consensus and the circumstances have changed. I think the proposal may still be valuable in the future, and will look for an opportunity to propose a revised SIP.

4 Likes

I also think its best to pull this SIP.
One suggestion regarding the remaining tokens in the programmatic sale fund. Arrange a sale for origin sale holders to add to their holdings with same price as SIP-0014.
Project will get more attention anyway now after SIP-0014, there is no need for evolution sale.

3 Likes

I love the idea of a top-up opportunity for Origin sale holders (and maybe Genesys too) as an early investor and platform user myself to use the remainders in the programmatic sale fund, although I wonder how fair it is to newcomers that are showing interest in the various community channels… I would argue it is a bit late for this kind of initiative, but if it becomes a viable and mainstream idea, it could be set up to have an equal allocation for every whitelisted wallet in a first phase, and then a chance to redistribute the remainders if not everyone did the “top-up” with freedom of investment. If we have RBTC liquidity in the FastBTC gateway we could even allow people to allocate how much they WISH to buy, and then automate the distribution of the unallocated part up to a max of the RBTC allocated (through vesting), this would make it all programmable and won’t require returning any unused funds, as the remaining RBTC could simply be “unvested” once the sale ended.
Just 2 cents if this was ever to happen (which I doubt at this stage).

Now that the platform is going live on 30 march, with unlocked tokens from origins and genesis presales becoming available for hodlers to put on the market or not, the period for “getting in at a discount” can be considered over. From now on the market will be setting the floor price, and the terms of any future sale from the programmatic fund will have to be proposed, and voted on.

That being said - from the team perspective side the intention of the Evolution Public Sale, was, and probably will remain to be offered on ethereum in order to bring eth liquidity into the platform. This is also dependent on the secure functioning of the eth bridge at volume, and other factors.

While the price won’t have the advantage of getting in before anyone else did on the presales, there should be plenty for the “little fish” to nibble on, and then stake and earn with on the platform, which is really the tokenomic design / incentive that makes SOV interesting, and worth something as opposed to the buy and flip at xxxx gains expected from coins these days. But i’m sure you’re aware of that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When BCW is such big supporter of Sov, should get some advantage in presale of babelfish, all of them, Sov stakers, Sov/rBtc liquidity providers and Sov holders.