Drafting a SIP for BabelFish

I like the elegance of NFT drops as a mechanism to reward Market-Makers and offset IL. It’s a really neat potential solution because Market-Makers incur an uncertain risk of IL and dropping NFTs creates an equally uncertain reward. I think we need to be careful not to pit Market-Makers and Bitocracy stakers against each other because it will cause a rift in the community and tons of conflict and indecision form our Bitocracy. Focus should be staying unified and aligning objectives. Didn’t more people do half and half like me? I’m surprised to see a lot of people seeming to take the position that, “everyone who did whatever I did should get the juiciest reward.” That’s just silly.

It’s undeniable that I took way more risk in the AMM than I did in the Bitocracy and I’ll lose a bunch of the SOV I deposited there and receive perhaps half of its value in rBTC. I don’t even know where I stand right now, and there aren’t completed metrics or visualization tools showing V1 AMM LPs where we stand. Many of us are in the dark. All we know if that the price of SOV went up considerably against the price of rBTC which is what we desire to happen, but also know will diminish our potential bottom line due to IL. A very special and rare NFT drop to V1 AMM LPs would go a long way to boost LP morale. However, I anticipate that Bitcocracy stakers who aren’t also V1 AMM LPs will complain that they want an NFT too. So, why not issue some NFTs all around to boost morale and celebrate the launch of this awesome platform and community? Well, we don’t want to water down the potential value of NFT drops by dropping a huge quantity. How about we drop very rare NFTs to V1 AMM LPs and we drop rare NFTs to Bitocracy stakers too… but ONLY to those Bitocracy stakers who voted at least one time. That would reward Bitocracy staker participation which LPs value more highly. That seems like a good way to balance the scales and keep our interests aligned.

The solution I’m proposing would reward people like me the most because I would qualify for both NFT drops because I participated in both of those parts of the platform. I’m a V1 AMM LPs and a Bitocracy Voter and I can enthusiastically support this sort of approach. But I don’t think we should be trying to work out our internal incentivization model via tiered access to FISH sale and future presales. It’s better to use NFT to balance these pressures. This project has inspired such extraordinary graphics and community art… it’s the perfect community to leverage NFTs this way. I would like to see V1 AMM LP NFT drop that’s much more rare (and potentially much more valuable) as compared to the NFT we would drop to Bitocracy Voters.

1 Like