Drafting a SIP for BabelFish

I am not supportive of an exclusive first right to BCW. For the BCW members who would be helpful, they invested in SOV, so are already naturally included.

For Sovryn, it is extremely important that we develop a united point of view on what the requirements are to utilize the SOV platform, as whatever we do on this first one, will set precedent for future tokens. Allowing Babelfish to list under the current SIP shows weakness and devalues the platform, and will pave the way for future tokens to do the same.

9 Likes

If BCW are such big supporters of Sovryn(not doubting they are) then there should be no problem with allowing ALL Sovryn stakers to participate on the sale day1, this would include them. Ppl shouldnt get preferential treatment on the Sovryn platform because they pay to be in a private group.

6 Likes

I believe that giving the first sale day exclusively for BCW premium is not appropriate cause premium members got into the Genesis sale of sov so they should have sovs in their portfolio and vested ones!!!So what is the need for that.The need for that would only be Dman sells new premium memberships!!!Good for him but bad for sovryn!We the sov stakers are committed to the project.I would prefer both days to be open for BCW premium and sov stakers and the limit for buying to be 5.000$.

4 Likes

And what would You say if Day 1 would be for SOV stakers and SOV/BTC liquidity providers and day 2 for BCW only? Would that change anything?

SOV stakers have bigger amount of FISH to obtain. We have to keep that in mind.

4 Likes

It should be possible (as a liquidity provider or staker) to get into the the sale.

2 Likes

Is there a projected cashflow?

Brothers and sisters,

I like to let everyone in this section know that the only thing i believe in is the long term success of BabelFish, and I am providing my support from the beginning of this project. I can assure you, that my hands are made of diamonds :slight_smile: . And as I see, this day 1 sale is good thing for BabelFish, because, BCW community includes many professionals and people with great connections that can ensure the success of this project and can also extend its reach by several folds, which is in great contrast with image being drawn here.

Yours,
Stan.

6 Likes

No one doubts BCW. Just that they shouldn’t be able to prioritize and give themselves exclusivity.

1 Like

SOV stakers will be allowed to participate in sale and most likely SOV/rBTC liquidity providers will be able too. Dante made this suggestion already - here in this thread.

1 Like

The Idea behind the Babelfish project is an important one. The smooth exchange of various established stablecoins will add significant value to Sovryn (and the wider ecosystem). I want to note that, first off. Because that key point is at risk of being lost, in the understandable arguments about the sale structure.

As the first ‘launchpad’ sale on Sovryn, the structure chosen here will set a strong precedent. That should be weighed well.

As FearCzech and a few others noted, the SIP would benefit from more detail. Around liquidity mining/distro/vesting, and perhaps also about the exact ambitions and timeline of the project.

I agree the flag of democratic, equitable distribution should be held high. Be as inclusive as possible, while simultaneously doing right by any exclusive smaller group that has already helped jumpstart the project.

This is the way ™.

2 Likes

Great points!

The only changes I would like to suggest are:

• Day 2 sale limited to wallets that were already staking prior to the date on which the staking requirement was first mentioned. This is to exclude all wallets that were solely created for the purpose of being able to participate on day 2, but which do not genuinely or sufficiently care about SOVRYN, but more about their individual profits.
  • Furthermore, wallets must have been staking a certain percentage of the total amount of unlocked SOV from Genesis for 0.03 BTC NFT on that date, which should be 240 SOV, and/or from Origin, which is 1000 SOV. (Better minds than mine can figure out a reasonable number as minimum staking amount.) From the whitelisting for Genesis, people remember that merely interacting with the protocol was sufficient. In this case now, wallets having staked just a few SOV … that would not seem genuine.
  • Liquidity Providers got handsomely rewarded, and, compared to those who genuinely staked their SOV, the latter certainly deserve exclusive whitelisting for day 2.

As an active Sovryn, I am looking through this debate and am a little worried about the entitlement we are assuming unto ourselves.
BabelFish is an independent project that has chosen Sovryn as its platform.
It seems that Day1 and Day2 are their first funding rounds.
It is the first time I am involved in a group that takes onto itself, the right to dictate how someone else should solicit funding.
Even though I am also one of the fist in the Fish Discord channel, I am still at this stage only a Fish spectator.
Make no mistake, I am super happy to have the option to get into Fish early – but find myself a little worried about the general sentient in this discussion.
I think we should remind ourselves that the BabelFish team has come to us – completely transparent in their approach – and are seeking our input.
We should treat them with the respect and courtesy that we would demand for ourselves.

15 Likes

Respect chainedwolf. I was hoping to see this position represented. Although, I confess I am scrambling to try to join the BCW community now. Seems like this won’t be the last time strong signals originate there. Can we at least allow Sovryn members the option of buying into the closed BCW community? How much does the premium subscription cost? Could BCW open up a few hundred more memberships to Sovryns who want to join the BCW community in advance of the $FISH launch? This seems like the optimal solution because it grows both communities. But I don’t know how large the BCW community is presently. If it’s super tiny, they may really not want to open the flood gates for the round one presale. However, I hope BCW extends some community invitations to enthusiastic Babelfish community members who are also Sovryns, but didn’t know about BCW until after we learned about Babelfish.

2 Likes

Then what is the point of decentralization! All I hear is joining a paid community to participate in a sale and those who can’t afford to pay $2000 to a closed community but would rather invest the money directly won’t have the chance, what happened to the small sov holders who may not have enough but still believe in sov to stake the little sov they own! Perhaps they are irrelevant in this matter since they don’t have big money to throw around,
So much for decentralization.

1 Like

Ah okay thats fair. I have added liquidity since the first day.

1 Like

why are you calling all doom and gloom AS IF you will never be able to participate at all

People like you end up sounding like whiners

and onto your point of decentralization… in the true spirit, NO ONE should be able to dictate how Babelfish does their funding rounds

The fact they are opening it up for discussion is already a step away from DECENTRALIZATION

Have you seen the draft itself to begin with? Make the effort to read through before coming back here to comment

3 Likes

Please don’t make SOV/FISH pool, it mast be FISH/BTC pool. Please SOV community don’t go the same path some amm protocols go, when all tokens traded only through platform token! There are many (free) potential liquidity from all btc holders. If you want platform to grow than build it for bitcoiners.

1 Like

I don’t understand why it is such a problème that BCW get a special deal. There is still a good deal for others who are stacking SOV. I was part of genesis and I am staking and taking part in the pool. Looking at the proposal the price for day 2 would be exactly the same at this stage a few cents won’t change anything.
And when I am looking at the good that BCW did to sovryn I can only see benefit here.
SOV is by far my best inversement, and BCW made it even better.
It’s obviously not a pump and dumb. They hold strongly together, they have a purpose, and they will act for the best of Babel fish.
I personally see it In a good way, because we will all benefit from that

14 Likes

I absolutely agree with this.

Sovryn benefits launching any token on their platform. Sovryn doesn’t have to be privy of the deal… and yet here, in day two they are. It is a huge win for everyone. Because Launching on SOV, without even any allocation in itself is a big news for Sovryn, meaning the team is delivering beyond even their initial promise of the platform. Now they are in a btc-dex way launching other things. It’s huge!

21 Likes

What you mentioned I actually would see as a very good point for the bcw community. You can’t just rush in now for taking part at fish and after that leave it and sell it. I followed the free channel since end of last year and there were a lot of chances to join bcw as it is and not only for joining for a specific sale.

6 Likes