LN-SOV bridge announcement

can you open an issue here? GitHub - pseudozach/boltz-frontend
or at least provide which browser you’re using any related extensions? and if you could share any errors in browser console?
(if possible, please don’t share any sensitive info)

hey everyone, we Dockerized lnsovbridge for self-hosted nodes
Deliverables:

• PoC Docker-compose file and dockerfile alpha release.
    This closes Milestone-4 of our grant pending approval from Sovryn team.

Let us know how it works for you, any issues you face/improvements/suggestions etc.
Thanks,

Hi All,
We’re proposing to add a new milestone to the grant to cover all the requests we received over time. Please let us know your thoughts/feedback:

Proposed Milestone-7 Scope:

• Create an admin UI: This is a gap we noticed when running this service. We need more visibility on what’s happening with RSK+LN funds, active swaps/swap history/fees earned, rbtc-ln swapper tool activity and status with configurable thresholds to operators can maintain whatever balance they want.
  • Channel open feature: This will introduce a feature so the swap service opens a channel with the user if a route on LN can not be found.
  • Prepayminerfee feature (coldstart feature): This will introduce a new feature so someone with no RBTC in their wallet can still use the swap service and the miner fee will be forwarded from the contract to cover the cost of tx.
  • Add zero + mynt as a pair on the swap service.

cheers,

7 Likes

Hello everyone, we have aggregator website almost ready: https://lightning-bridges-aggregator.vercel.app/
this website will display all instances of the bridge running so you will be able to choose cheapest one / best one.
Feedback for improvements is appreciated , also if anyone is interested running bridge service there is docker deployment available, let me know if you need help

1 Like

:eyes: :eyes:

Can you elaborate on this? You can send Zero + Mynt in exchange for sats? Or is this as placeholder with the expectation that if/when we get tokens on LN we can bridge 1 for 1?

I’d love an ELI5 on how to get the docker deployment up and running so I can provide liquidity and test. Do I just somehow get that on my Umbrel node or what?

For mynt / zero we meant the stables itself. So you could pay lightning invoice using stablecoin minted by mynt/zero. We need to wait for these stables to be released first though.

Regarding the deployment the backend itself requires amd64 arhitecture (regular vps in cloud) but we can leverage umbrel’s BTC and lnd node.

If there is enough interest we can organize a workshop or something like that.
There are written instructions in docker-compose directory also

we have a new domain and better&faster server for the bridge. https://www.marduk.exchange/

1 Like

I’m not following the stablecoin. Are you saying I can hold ZUSD in a Lightning wallet and use it to pay a LN invoice? That doesn’t seem right, at least not yet since LN doesn’t have tokens?

I’d definitely be interested in a work-shop and yah the instructions are fine for people who know what they’re doing but an easy to follow tutorial would be great.

Thanks!

no, what I am saying is that you will be able top swap between Lightning wallet bitcoins and ZUSD via the submarine swap service.

The submarine swap, retrieves the exchange rate and converts ZUSD to bitcoin for the user.

1 Like

Could not reproduce the issue with the new website, looks like it works just fine now!

1 Like

Hi All,
We’re happy to announce that we finished and delivered Milestone-7 pending Sovryn team approval.

Milestone highlights:

• Cold-Start Feature
    When user wants to go offchain → onchain (reverse submarine swap) they need initial RBTC funds in their wallet to do a claim contract call to get funds locked in the swap contract.
    This feature introduces (only for pair LNBTC → RBTC) an additional custodial invoice during reverse swaps such that when both invoices are paid and backend locks funds to the contract, minerfeeinvoice equivalent funds are transferred to the user’s claim address.
    Demo video: Lightning BTC to RBTC with coldstart feature on marduk.exchange - YouTube

• Channel Open Feature
    This introduces a new feature when during regular swaps, backend calculates routes to pay the invoice and if no routes are found and backend has onchain funds, it will open a channel 2x the size of the swap to the user’s node.

• Add XUSD
    Adds swaps for BTCLN/XUSD pair.

• Admin Dashboard for Node Operators
    We’ve developed an admin GUI that shows LNSOV Bridge balances, balancer status and latest swaps/reverswaps at a glance. This increases visibility and helps day to day operation. And it looks great too.
    GitHub - grmkris/marduk-admin-frontend

As usual all code is pushed into repos and available to review.
All features are pushed live to production on https://marduk.exchange/
Feel free to try them out and let us know what you think,

Happy New Year,
Looking forward to 2022 we have a lot more cool & exciting stuff in the pipeline :rocket:

5 Likes