SIP-XXXX: Launch of BitcoinOS (BOS) Under Sovryn Incubation

Given that most people believed that BitcoinOS was a Sovryn project, it is hard to deny that this has been communicated very poorly. Yago has acknowledged that.

I think we also have to acknowledge that this idea evolved over time. There has been talk about creating another chain for a long time as we’ve bumped up against the limitations of Rootstock. Talk began about a Sovryn chain or Sovryn layer, and then I believe that morphed into the idea of a larger, interoperable system of chains we’re now calling BitcoinOS.

But I’ll say I think it’s a bit over the top that people are acting as though this distinction between Sovryn and BitcoinOS suddenly came up this week out of the blue. We’ve been saying for several months now that BitcoinOS would be a public good. By definition that means separate from Sovryn. This issue arose very publicly months ago and was loudly debated and protested even at the time. Here’s an example in the forum where I responded to some of the comments and quoted from the wiki page, which laid all this out months ago:

https://forum.sovryn.com/t/bitcoinos-fees-for-sov-stakers/3101/2

Some of the people who are claiming that the distinction of the projects is an entirely new message are the same people who loudly protested some of the same ideas back in February.

So, in summary, I think we have a case of:

• poor communication
  • an evolution of the concept
  • inexplicable amnesia on the part of some community members
4 Likes