[Circle of Tokens] Regarding protocol revenue

@lactarius please DM me on Discord.

@Sacro - I am skeptical this will have enough impact on staking revenues to have any appreciable impact on SOV price. We need to be much more creative for price increases than that.

Let’s assume this doubled AMM revenue to staking - that’s $10-20k a quarter. That’s not going to move the staking meter.

I disagree that the SOV price is a danger to the project. It is a hindrance to the adoption and growth of Zero and that is where we must be focused now. First in improving the dapp UX, to bring in the next 100 users, then in getting 3’rd parties to integrate Zero, to bring in the next 10,000 users and beyond.

What is true is that a higher SOV price would be act as another means of advertising the project, but the difference here is marginal. Sovryn is not a project that relies on clever tokenomics to create an illusion of utility.

That said, I do think there are steps we can take to change the trajectory of SOV price, but this requires a radical rethink of the SOV value proposition, not tinkering at the margin.

I am very happy to see this SIP, and it is very encouraging to see a highly engaged community. We don’t need much to see a break out. Just a few hundred more Zero users over the coming months, would be a big deal.

5 Likes

Great stuff thanks for sharing

1 Like