[DRAFT] SIP-0035 Support for the Origins Subprotocol

One idea I’ve already suggested to Shebin is forking Olympus Pro and leveraging their bond model. I am really excited about the prospect of that. Liquidity mining via bonds has proven to be very lucrative and its perfect product to offer for new token launches and frankly even as a service to sell to Sovryn!

The concept is called Protocol Owned Liquidity or PoL. The purpose is to reduce mercenary LP’s. Most liquidity in DeFi is only there as long as the protocol is offering juicy LM rewards (like Sovryn is doing now and like all future Origins projects likely would have to do prior to PoL). As soon as those stop then there is a mass exodus of liquidity which really leaves the protocols in trouble. This means the protocol has a near perpetual expense of air-dropping tokens to feed and maintain that liquidity. It’s not sustainable. With PoL, the protocol can buy that liquidity and turn it into an asset on the books. Instead of air-dropping rewards weekly you can offer bonds and tell users they can sell their liquidity and in-return receive discounted tokens. Once the protocol owns the liquidity you eliminate the perpetual air dropping expense and also ensure the liquidity will not leave the system. This creates healthy protocols, stronger price action and attracts long-term holders. And the protocol now owns the liquidity so they earn revenue themselves as actual LP’s.

Aside from being an incredible sales pitch to launch on Origins, it’s a revenue generator as currently Origins could collect 3% on every bond sale.

I’m not sure Origins road map but i’d like to push this feature to the front. It’s immediately useful and revenue generating.

6 Likes