Second Zero DLLR Risk meeting tonight!

I appreciate your citing the study. It is totally informal. My goal is to get to 100 responses before giving the results.

nice poll… “put them into lending pool” is surprisingly clear winner in hodl category - also the need for a DLLR/USD offramp is absolutely clear. Time to build bridges with CEXs and other DEXs (for sinking DLLR into lending pools) - needs to be top priority.

Well - back when Tether came there wasn’t many options. People look much more critically at stablecoins today - specifically on the peg - especially after UST crashed, (and USDN on Waves), and USDC and DAI got hit after new years, even though they recovered - that if the peg fluctuates too much people may be hesitant - what speaks against the point I’m making is that the DLLR is always redeemable for BTC, so no matter the peg, it will always be possible to redeem it, especially how highly collaterized it is currently thanks to ZERO, so maybe the fluctuation is of less concern for the DLLR.

Though, once again, we can’t redeem DLLR towards BTC which I see as an issue unless interacting with the contract directly, since it’s easy to do with centralized stablecoins (towards USD). For sure, it would be better if Sovryn had a bot that made the redemptions before others do when there is arbitrage opportunities, BUT, users of DLLR should be able to do it too, just by principle.

In regards to “sales team” and marketing, I’d rather see “Sovryn” as platform was marketed, but for that I think the whole platform must phase out of alpha, and when that is done, then DLLR will also get attention. The whole platform needs liquidity, and with added liquidity, issues with the DLLR will be solved, and by default there should be more platforms that will become interested in using the DLLR.

5 Likes

Is Exchequer still buying DLLR on open market? Which address was Exchequer using to buy DLLR?

1 Like

I wholeheartedly, and respectfully disagree with this approach. Tether maintained it’s peg because it has sound treasury management sound backing, and strong redemption system. It’s a completely different animal and kudos to Paolo Ardoino for a spectacular risk management, ethics and business approach

A depeg in decentralized stablecoins such as DLLR is not something you want, especially if you want to build trust. I’g go for thinking slowly (as in the book thinking, fast and slow) and patient approach.

I do agree with trying to get DLLR on other exchanges, that would add visibility, demand and volume for sure.

1 Like