SIP-00XX The 3 Critical Price Impacting Changes Requested By The Community

It doesn’t matter. Yago is against it. And the team.

6 Likes

I support this SIP. This is the right thing to do. Thx bro Dman !!

8 Likes

an expected response from one of the teamsters.

please keep in mind where the team’s ideas has gotten SOV so far.
more dips than anything, community trust and support getting less.

also please take a look at the published AMA, which shows how many times D warned that teams actions will lead to a decline in the worth of the SOV token.

why not for once look at the bigger picture and implement the suggestions above? which serve all.

10 Likes

You will get rewarded with stacking, no time lock just the longer you leave it the better your reward would be. Won’t change much for you
That’s how I understand it.

4 Likes

please dont assume one is of the BCW team, since we are polite folks !
insulting others in chats (or anywhere) is never ok.

3 Likes

Removing the time lock exposes the governance to attacks and it should not be something to be taken lightly. EVEN DMAN, says he has a vision where Sovryn plays a very core part of a nation but then is is very vocal about removing time locks and exposing the governance to very serious damage

8 Likes

How come ? Could you explain why ?

1 Like

have you read the technical documents? It is all in there! The Time Lock together with the Unstake penalty is what secures the voting mechanism

2 Likes

Why vote if team can pass what ever they want???

4 Likes

Completely agree with the propsed changes. FInally there is something being mentioned that will remove the constant dilution we as sov holders are facing currently and after every call it we will do this and that but never on anything tokenonomics related. Not properly. This gives gives stakers much better rewards, more incentive to stake longer and removed the dilution of the sov token the current methodology gets

8 Likes

The team is only able to pass things if they are in consensus (They are multiple individuals) and if the users/oppositions do not outweight them.

I did, and I don’t get why it can be « attacked « because anyway the team decides, the said it, on the previous messages.

1 Like

If i understand good users has no chance because team has more than 60% of the voting power. Also less concern by the price because token either free or less than a $. But when you bought some at 32$ or + you are just sad to see this going no where, promise after promise but nothing like ZERO next week :slight_smile: The project is great, awesome no need to argue about that but accept critics and move on. Unity make the strength not being stubborn.

2 Likes

the team does not decide. SIPS are written code that if approved can alter or modify parts of the protocol. So if you are a smart contract bug and you want to introduce stuff in the protocol you write SIPS and what you need on top of that is voting power which you can acquire by staking tokens. If there is no lock up the attacker gets to change the protocol as he pleases without any serious economical losses

7 Likes

yeah, that is a whole other issue

Great idea of “ tapering of emission schedule into infinity” I second that as an alternative to locking or burning. Seems a great compromise.

6 Likes

100% agree on this SIP. Time to make a move or we go in the abyss.

5 Likes

If the critique points are valid, I have no problems accepting them. Hence why I said I agree with some points of the SIP.
But sometimes critics can be wrong or not have all of the nuance known to them.

1 Like

and sometimes team is so set in its ways that it cant see how desperately change is needed?? just look at where SOV is now. something needs to happend and that fast.

2 Likes

How long can sovryn survive without attracting new users? What’s the use if current stakers get 1000SOV per day, who will they sell it to, if there is no new buyers? Tokenomics are a big problem and should be addressed asap. Dman’s suggestions are good, just need to figure out the technical how-to.
The fact is changes need to be implemented asap, otherwise this ship is firmly headed towards that iceberg.
Yago, If a community can’t see a reason to believe in this project any more, how much can a fork hurt it, if it’s designed to regain confidence and trust?

10 Likes