# Potential SIP : Add Ordinal Doge Token ($oDOGE) to Sovryn AMM pools

This is the point. This began out of frustration that stacks is on all the big spaces because they embraced ordinals early. Now Sovryn can be in stage and in the conversation. Once in our ecosystem, $DLLR, Zero Protocol, borrowing lending trading etc will increase as people learn what Sovryn has to offer!

8 Likes

NAW DOGE!!! check the pools…

There is no SOV/XUSD pool…

Sovryn is a Bitcoin DEX, the pair must be soDOGE/rBTC

One can “trade” whatever pair they want, but the pools all pair rBTC why should $soDOGE be any different?

2 Likes

YES, THANKS TO THE TEAM BEHIND TO THE PROPOSAL!!!

Frustration is irrelevant!!! As long as it’s not from the dev team implementing the listing…

Either side can “feel” whatever way they want, what Sovryn NEEDS is new eyes, new buzz, and new users.

A new ordinal meme coin fixes this!!!

YES, the benefits are clear and very well explained.

YES, Sovryn would be on the lips of many, especially those that think all one can do is HODL Bitcoin.

Economic risk is on oDOGE team, developmental risk is theirs also, Sovryn just takes one oDOGE step closer to being considered a DEX of note. DEX volume is built on degenerate meme coin trading and Sovryn has NONE…

Yes, Sovryn is immersed in solving urgent issues of enormous importance but, Sovryn can’t ignore its most pressing issue, new user adoption…

5 Likes

I doubt that this won’t take no time from devs. It is never a straight forward thing. I would like to learn what effort will it take to get this live on Sovryn DEX.

I am not a fan of such tokens, but I welcome any initiative that brings new projects to the protocol and might help with the liquidity - not to mention generate more traffic, bring more people to Sovryn and generate fees for SOV stakers.

8 Likes

Honestly I think liquidity will be removed once the cashgrab is achieved (will this hinder SOVRYN brand?). Until then we could at least use that mercenary liquidity to generate demand for DLLR that we need for OUR success instead of just one more generic (rBTC) pool that only generates fees.

5 Likes

“Minimum” dev effort - maximum exposure, why not?

7 Likes

We’re going to partake in writing bitcoin history, while greatly helping with adoption.

It also feels so good as I’m starting to see Sovryn as a “real” exchange with some more pairs being traded.

5 Likes

This time, bitcoin history is literally inscribed on Satoshi’s. Sovryn will be forever a part of something fun, and legendary!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

4 Likes

It will be able to be completed in 1 sprint. But we shouldn’t count chickens before they hatch. The goal today and this week is to get a feeling for the community sentiment around the idea of bringing an official SIP. This is the beauty of bitocracy, then the votes will speak.

5 Likes

This x 100000 it needs new eyes and $oDOGE will do just that. Also by being able to be bought on Bitcoin sidechain with Bitcoin it’s news worthy so shoudl generate lots of press and discussion. I bet most people don’t even know RSK is EVM compatible - this is ALL about to change finally.

8 Likes

I wrote a thread about this, I’m pumped guys - I see it. (https://twitter.com/Lfg0x1/status/1633486262517497856)

I removed all @ as it won’t let me tag soo many people.

Reasons why OrdinalDogeCoin moving to SovrynBTC Protocol on Rootstock_io is history in the making.

A quick thread to get you up to speed with what’s happening on Bitcoin.

#1/ What are Ordinals?

Ordinals are inscriptions on #Bitcoin. Think of them as NFT’s on Bitcoin only better as they are immutable. You inscribe an image on a single satoshi, it’s now there forever. Visit https://ordinals.com/ and h/t to rodarmor making it happen.

#2/ What’s Ordinal DOge?

OrdinalDogeCoin aka $oDOGE is the very first memecoin representing frational ownership of the very first Dogecoin ever inscribed on #Bitcoin. $oDOGE combines Bitcoin, Ordinals, and Smart Contracts to create the first ever BITCOIN-NATIVE MEMECOIN! Only thing missing is being able to buy it with Bitcoin…

#3/ What’s Sovryn?

SovrynBTC is the leading DEX(more volume than all competitors combined) on Bitcoin. It’s on Rootstock_io sidechain that uses rBTC as gas. Sovryn is a DEX that has trading, lending, staking, margin trading and even let’s you trade with limit orders. It’s also EVM compatible so it’s a logical home for $oDOGE.

#4/ What’s Rootstock?

Rootstock_io is the OG sidechain on Bitcoin that allows users to use rBTC(Rootstock Bitcoin) as gas. Rootstock (RSK) is EVM compatible and most don’t know this. You can even bridge Bitcoin directly into it with Sovryn (Sovryn).

#5/ Why is Ordinal Doge moving to Sovryn important?

It’s important because for the first TIME EVER, you can buy a memecoin on Bitcoin that gives you fractional ownership of an inscription on Bitcoin using … Bitcoin. This is part of Bitcoin’s cultural history and that’s not all.

#6/ Why else is this important / historical?

This is the first time an ETH based coin migrates to RSK and is available for trade on Sovryn. Most don’t even know RSK is EVM compatible and in the future, many projects will follow suit probably sooner than later.

#7/ What does this mean for Ordinal Doge?

This means that you can now by the first Bitcoin memecoin on Bitcoin with Bitcoin, this has never been done before and it’s wild. $oDOGE was created on ETH but belongs on RSK and that’s why Sovryn Stakers are voting on it here - # Potential SIP (0057): Add Ordinal Doge Token ($oDOGE) to Sovryn AMM pools

#8/ What does this mean for Sovryn & RSK?

This is great for both, it will bring more awareness to the amazing work they are doing and let people know - Defi isn’t coming to Bitcoin its already ON Bitcoin. Will also increase trading volume to further reward Sovryn Stakers and build awareness that Bitcoin has an EVM compatible sidechain. Finally, build awareness for $DLLR, a Bitcoin backed decentralised stable coin…

#9/ What do you think?

Did I miss anything? I’ve been a fan of Sovryn for a while, found Ordinals super early and very exited about that. When I saw OrdinalDogeCoin I instantly got interested as it’s an innovative concept. SovrynBTC works hard, I’ve tracked their Github for 1.5 years and it’s busy, $oDOGE team is based and as a result, I’m keen to see both these projects matuture - hopefully together.

10 Likes

This is an excellent point!

We need to prove we can move quickly and make more projects willing to reach out and collab with us which is EXACTLY what Yago brought up in the last community call, he explicitly expressed he wanted this kind of behavior.

7 Likes

We’ve been building for years, and I’m not about to let other projects jump in and take that first mover advantage away from us. We NEED this to happen. All benefits for doing it, and missed opportunity if we don’t do this.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that! Many degens are on a Bitcoin standard and are ready to do some heavy shitcoining to increase their stack

5 Likes

Sounds like a win win win for Sovryn Stakers, the protocol and oDOGE community

6 Likes

At this stage, any financial traction is good traction and it puts Sovryn on the radar for a lot of ppl. So yes! I’m supportive of this idea!

7 Likes

Thanks for the support l!

3 Likes

A few of us have been asking why we can’t have more trading pairs on Sovryn for the last 1.5 years, so i’m strongly in favor of anything that might start that process. Extra points to the team that put this together for creativity and rapidly deploying the idea to the community. You have my votes.

7 Likes

It seems it would be a good marketing op, good for eyeballs, short term liquidity and general awareness.

We need to be aware/weary of the dev time taken away from things that matter and the possibility that this coin’s liquidity will likely go to ~0 after the buzz passes and the oDOGE team removes theirs.

6 Likes