[DRAFT] SIP-33: Mintlayer Fair sale and Sovryn dApp expansion

EDIT: THIS PULL RUEQUEST AND SIP ARE CLOSED, EXPLANATION HERE

The Mintlayer team has just published the following draft SIP on Github for review:

This draft SIP incorporates all of the feedback from the discussions previously held on the Mintlayer subcategory here. Compared to the latest version posted there, this draft SIP now proposes a later fair sale (roughly two weeks after launch of testnet, instead of on the launch of testnet), and no longer incorporates the public sale. Instead, both the public sale and the specifications for building Sovryn on Mintlayer will be decided in future SIPs.

11 Likes

The link for the current draft has changed because of the SIP number change. The new link is SIPS/SIP-0033.md at main · erubboli/SIPS · GitHub

3 Likes

Hello, may i ask a question regarding projected allocations for fair sale

Voting Power Allocation (value in $)
10 50
100 365
1,000 2,615
10,000 16,115
100,000 50,315

i understood there will be 6,302,521 MLT ($600,000) on sale.
based on this, can we say there are significant chances that most of fair sale volume could go to a few wallets with big voting power? i just try to understand how decentralized fair sales could actually be in this case.
is there a chart available to see how much wallets actually have staked relevant amount of SOV voluntarily?
thanks

2 Likes

When will we be able to vote on this SIP?

1 Like

When will we be able to vote on this SIP?

have anyone to make the video clip for get/buy MTL ?

Any update on when we will vote on this SIP? Is there anything else from Mintlayer side that requires further discussion with the community?

1 Like

https://forum.sovryn.com/t/faq-ama-what-happened-to-the-sip-where-do-we-go-from-here-what-even-is-mintlayer/2091