Lost all my funds today - Liquality wallet

Hi,
I followed the fix suggestion of re-installing the Liquality wallet (desktop) and restoring with seed phrase did it for me. Once you engage the wallet with the Sovryn dApp, you’ll be asked to choose Rootstock address. :face_with_monocle:

Hope this works for you as well.

Fred

Yeah I fallowed the steps a 100 times didn’t work, man I should have never reinstalled the wallet.

Is there anyone in here who knows how retrieve the original derivation path?

My issue was a carbon copy of yours. Just a few minutes ago I checked LW and my funds in the Legacy rootstock are back as they were zero a few hours ago, even after the recovery seeds. However, the problem is that sovryn.app automatically logins into the new rootstock wallet where there are no funds and no contracts. I have MANY smart contracts active and a trade with my legacy wallet address that I cannot control. I’m glad I’m in a long in my trade and it’s going my way, but I need control of these smart contracts.
I cleared the browser’s cache to see if it would give me a choice of address to use, but it did not.
Does anyone know how to get it to login to the legacy rootstock address?

Hi there,

I am leaning toward importing the seed phrase into another wallet. What is the format to do this? I’ve never attempted this before. Leave spaces between words, no spaces? I haven’t found a way to actually see my Liquality private key, only the seed phrase (which I assume I can use for the import).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Greetngs - Enter the words in order and yes you need to have spaces between them. Good Luck!

1 Like

Hello, sorry to bother you again. I’m certain that I am typing in the correct seed phrase to import to MetaMask, but I get the following error message:

Cannot convert string to buffer. toBuffer only supports 0x-prefixed hex strings and this string was given:

Then it shows my phrase with an 0x added at the first word (which isn’t what I entered). By chance do do you know what I’m doing wrong?

I’m getting totally new addresses. Even if I put my seed phrase in another wallet. I didn’t know anything about derivation paths before this.
I thought as long as you had your seed phrase all will be fine. Lost a half a million in my own currency it’s a hard pill to swallow.
I have my seed phrase written down on three papers, the day of the bug before I logged out I wrote it down one more time before reinstalling. This is devastating.

Maybe you and me are in the same boat I hope you have less money in your wallet. Had my life savings in there.

I don’t think you have “lost” your money and neither have I. My situation is with smart contracts.
I’m in a trade, plus farming, loans, and borrowing. I know the smart contracts are in the RSK blockchain and not with SOVRYN, as sovryn is just the door/window into RSK. There is an article in the sovryn library on how to control your contracts if sovryn was to be shut down.
I’m also confused about how the seeds are not bringing everything back to normal.
No matter the outcome here, you most likely learned a very valuable lesson. Use a cold wallet for your life savings and only put a small amount in a hot wallet (like any already mentioned here). After all, sovryn is only a baby (less than a year old) and there will be many more mishaps as such.

The latest from the support team was to install nifty (as this wallet has the same RSK addresses as the original LW) and engage sovryn.app with nifty and all should be there. The only question I have is that I don’t see how to engage nifty with sovryn. That will be my reply.

I’ve managed to get it working thanks to some other comments on the forum. Try this:

1. Make sure you have your seed phrase written down
  2. on chrome delete your liquality extension (remove it from chrome)
  3. Fully clear your browsing history / cache in chrome. close chrome and reopen
  4. reinstall liquality extension
  5. import seed phrase
  6. change the settings as usual (default web3 network and rootstock network)
  7. when you engage wallet with sovryn it should give you the option to connect to the legacy rootstock wallet.
  8. should be able to see your SOV staked as normal after that
1 Like

just click this and then login with sovryn app and choose corect address.

3 Likes

Lukacyb…
You are the man!!! It was that fucking simple.
All fixed!
Thanks a million. You have done what support desk was not able to do, HELP.

Thanks again.

Should you press this button forget all dapps?

When do you do this step?

Didn’t work for me did the steps exactly as provided

Thank you for this tip. Do you still need to reinstall Liquality in addition to doing this? Or can this be done without importing seed phrase again?

This is what worked for me. I reinstalled LW, cleared the browsers cache, exited and restarted the browser. After that I input the seeds using liquality wallet and my funds were there. You may have to add the tokens you already had by finding the contract number. If sovryn automatically logins into the new wallet, then you do the “forget all apps” like Lukacyb said. Now you go back to sovyrn and this time around it will ask you which address within liquality wallet you want and I picked the one with the funds. That was it, my assets were back and all contracts I have were good to go. All like it was before.

Something I was waiting for and it just went live in sovyrn is that you can now deposit and withdraw ETHs, XUSD and others right from your cold wallet, which is how I like to do things. Now you can do it all with your Trezor or Ledger and you will not ever have to worry about this again.

Good luck.

Gonna try this tomorrow talking to liquality support now.
You had the same problem as me when you put in your seed phrase you got 2 brand new addresses?
When I talked to the support they told me my situation was unique. So that’s why I’m asking.
I have taking all the precautions I could writing down my seed so many times.
Thanks Dru that you keep posting.
I hope this nightmare ends soon.

1 Like

It sounds like you have an invalid character in there. Are you making sure you don’t have a space after the last word in your seed phrase? I entered the seed phrase in with spaces between the words only and had no issues. Are you using a language pack within your unicode set fro your keyboard. If so, it may be picking up unrecognized characters values in the wallet app. There is an option to umask the phrase and see the contents before you commmit it to the wallet. I would do that before you submit it to double check what has been entered and picked up by the application and correct accordingly.